Perch was for dinner and honestly I don’t like white fish. Sorry, but it is so plain tasting that I just don’t like it. I prefer a fresh piece of salmon. If I have to eat white fish, Halibut is a great choice. Dinner was perch…. I had to make the best of it.
I usually saute scallops in a garlic, lemon, butter sauce so I felt that I would do something similar with perch. Instead of focusing on a butter taste I used dill. Perch is so plain tasting it needed lots of flavour!
I sprinkled dill, salt, lemon juice, and garlic all over this perch. It tasted pretty good!
Garlic Dill Perch
- Dill* I used dried dill
- Chopped Garlic
- Lemon Juice
- Extra virgin olive oil or preferred cooking fat
- Put some olive oil in a frying pan. Turn it to medium.
- In a bowl, place your pieces of fish.
- Sprinkle dill, salt and garlic all over the fish.
- Place the fish in the heated frying pan and pour a little lemon juice over the fish.
- Flip the fish once. Cook until the fish is flaky.