This post contains affiliate links including Amazon affiliate links.
I arrived home late the other night because I spent a little more time at the gym working on my shoulders. Trying to get those shapely arms & shoulders you see on celebrities, like Jessica Biel. After coming home from the gym I had the difficult task of planning my dinner. I didn’t know how I wanted to flavour my pork chop. I hit Google and got to work on making the hard decisions.
Do I want to go with rosemary flavouring, stuff it, or chop it up and use it in a stir fry??? I saw a few recipes combining apples with pork. After my long day a flash of brilliance came over me. The voice said “wrap the pork chop in bacon!” Then I thought bacon + apples = yummy!
Bacon Apple Pork Chops
Author: Carol Lovett
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 Pork Chop – take out the bone
- 1 slice of bacon
- ½ small apple
- ½ small onion
- Salt & pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Rub the pork chop in olive oil. Sprinkle salt and pepper on it.
- Wrap the piece of bacon around the pork chop and secure it with a toothpick.
- Preheat your barbecue. I turned half of the barbecue to low heat, and the other half to high heat. I placed the pork chop over the low heat so the fat from the bacon wouldn’t burn immediately.
- Flip once. When juices are clear the pork chop is done. Roughly 20 minutes.
- While cooking the pork chop finely slice the onion and apple.
- Using a medium pan, sauté the onions and apples in olive oil (or preferred cooking fat) until desired crispiness.
- Serve the onions and apples on top of the pork chop.
What is your favourite pork recipe?DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that I believe in.