Look away and pretend you didn’t see a Teflon frying pan. I’m working hard to change my habit of frying/sautéing everything in a Teflon frying pan and switching over to a cast iron pan. So far every day I fry my eggs in the tiniest cast iron frying pan. It’s progress, one meal at a time.
Another habit that is dying hard is cooking with real animal fats. The only way I’ve been willing to do that is with bacon fat. I don’t keep my bacon fat from cooking bacon so I never have the stuff handy. Bacon does flavour anything and everything so well! I love the taste of Brussels sprouts sautéed with bacon. It is so delicious.
For this side dish I got creative. I included some onions, radishes (radishes substitute for potatoes very well); bacon of course and our main star brussels sprouts. Normally it would be bacon and brussels sprouts.
- Brussels Sprouts, enough to fill a pan
- Radishes, about 1/4 the amount of brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup of Onion, finely chopped
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- Salt & pepper
- Chop the brussels sprouts and radishes in half.
- Place bacon in the frying pan and saute on medium heat.
- Add the brussels sprouts, radishes and onion.
- Generous sprinkling of salt and pepper all over the ingredients.
- Continue cooking over medium heat until the brussels sprouts and radishes are cooked through. I like them burnt a little so I cook them for longer.
How do you like your brussels sprouts?
Enjoy,DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.