Coconut Flour Blueberry Bagels
A coconut flour bagel recipe that is packed with blueberries. Perfect for an easy breakfast, toasted with a smear of cream cheese!
Mornings can’t get any better than eating a bagel when you haven’t had one in a LONG long LONG time! I’ve been keeping a secret from all of you. I’ve been huddled in the kitchen day and night (in between beach time) perfecting my coconut flour baking recipes! I am proud to say I made an awesome coconut flour based banana bread, apple cinnamon coconut flour muffin, boston cream coconut flour doughnut, and many flavours of coconut flour pancakes! Out of all of that practicing I’ve been able to look at the batter and eyeball if there is enough coconut flour, get it to rise, and not taste eggy!!! I’m feeling very proud of myself.
Here is my recipe for Blueberry Bagels! The texture is not heavy like an ordinary bagel; rather it is light like a muffin. I didn’t add any extra sweetness to it either. If you prefer your blueberry bagels on the sweet, dessert side, add some extra sweetness. I enjoyed it toasted with an egg and a slice of bacon. One I ate like a muffin, pulling it apart and gobbling it up. The last one I toasted and pureed some fresh strawberries, and spread it on it like strawberry jam.
*Hint to get your bagels out of the pan easily use parchment paper! I cut a square and then made a cross in the middle.
Tools for this recipe
Ingredients for Coconut Flour Blueberry Bagels
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil or preferred fat
- 1 tbsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbsp of SIFTED coconut flour
- ½ tsp of baking soda
- ½ cup of blueberries
How to make Coconut Flour Blueberry Bagels
Preheat the oven to 300 deg.
Mix the wet ingredients together.
Add the dry ingredients. *Don’t add the blueberries yet.
Make sure you sift your coconut flour when measuring. You can do this by using a small sifter, putting coconut flour in it and shaking it over your measuring spoon.
Puree half of the blueberries.
Add the blueberries and the pureed to the mixture.
Gently mix it together.
Pour the mixture into the bagel pan. *Use a muffin tin if you do not have a bagel pan.
*Makes 3 bagels.
Place the uncooked bagels into the oven.
Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until fully cooked
What brand of coconut flour should I use?
I prefer to do all of my baking with Bob’s Red Mill Coconut Flour, but you can use any other brand of coconut flour.
Can I use almond flour instead?
I only tested this recipe with coconut flour, and I do not recommend you use almond meal instead. The two flours aren’t easily interchangeable.
Can I make this recipe egg-free?
I tested this recipe with eggs, but you could try using these egg replacement ideas to replace the eggs. You can try replacing the eggs with a “chia egg,” bananas, applesauce, or whatever you usually use in place of eggs. Beware the bagels will be denser if you use an egg replacement.
Egg replacement options:
- chia egg: 1 tbsp of chia seeds + 2.5 tbsp of water = 1 large egg.
- 1/4 cup ripe mashed banana replaces one large egg
- 1/4 cup of applesauce replaces one large egg
More coconut based recipes
If you loved this recipe, I would be really grateful if you can rate the recipe card and share any photos you took on Instagram using #ditchthewheat and tag me in your post or story.
Coconut Flour Blueberry Bagel Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil or preferred fat
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 tsp of cinnamon
- 6 tbsp of SIFTED coconut flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 300 deg.
- Mix the wet ingredients together.
- Add the dry ingredients. *Don't add the blueberries yet.
- Make sure you sift your coconut flour when measuring. You can do this by using a small sifter, putting coconut flour in it and shaking it over your measuring spoon.
- Puree half of the blueberries.
- Add the blueberries and the pureed to the mixture.
- Gently mix it together.
- Pour the mixture into the bagel pan. *Use a muffin tin if you do not have a bagel pan. *Makes 6 bagels.
- Place the uncooked bagels into the oven.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until fully cooked.