I’ve been craving mexican food lately! Eating everything from guacamole to taco salad. Yummmm guacamole! I blame it on the Ancestral Health Symposium. One of the lunches served guacamole with the hamburgers … and the moment the guacamole hit my lips I was instantly craving mexican food again.
I’ve been eating this back to back (because I’ve become obsessed with this meal). Spicy taco meat, sauteed onions, green peppers, red peppers, layered with a lightly cooked egg has been my piece of heaven in the morning.
Here’s a little secret….This meal might look like it is time consuming but shhhh it’s not…it’s as fast as cooking an omelette. It’s also taste tester approved. I’m going to consider a devoured plate of food with the comments “where’s my second helping?” as 2 thumbs up. The key to making this meal quick is either having fresh hamburger meat or thawed hamburger meat in the fridge ready to be used.
- In a frying pan saute the onion and peppers.
- Add the ground beef and season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add the salsa when the ground beef is fully cooked (no longer pink).
- Stir to evenly coat the beef and sauteed vegetables.
- In the same frying pan or another frying pan, fry your egg to your liking and season as you prefer. *I lightly sprinkled mine with salt and pepper.
Enjoy,DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.