Ingredients for the Ooey Gooey 3-Minute Low Carb Brownie Mug Recipe
- 1/4 cup of full fat Aroy-D coconut milk (you can use almond milk, or heavy cream for the cake but I don’t recommend it for the brownie)
- 2 tbsp of erythitol/monkfruit or preferred sweetener
- Dash of vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 2 tbsp of ground flaxseed
How to Make the 3-Minute Keto Brownie Mug Cake
- Mix the coconut milk, sweetener, vanilla and cocoa in a large microwavable bowl. USE a very large bowl because the batter will overflow if the bowl is too small.
- Add baking powder and ground flax seed.
- Let the mixture sit for a few minutes. The flaxseed will thicken the mixture.
- Microwave for about 2.5-3 minutes or until the center is cooked.
*I suggest eating it right out of the bowl.
Ingredients for the Keto Caramel Sauce
Personal serving (enough for 2)
How to Make the Keto Caramel Sauce
- Before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go – the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in.Maria notes that if you don’t work fast, the sweetener will burn.
- Heat butter on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2-quart or 3-quart saucepan.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, watch for specks of brown.
- Immediately add the sweetener and the coconut milk or cream to the pan.
- Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth and is that light caramel colour. Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into a glass mason jar and let sit to cool to room temperature.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
*Note – this sauce does harden when it cools. Heat up again for that smooth caramel sauce.
How to Make the Personal Serving of the Keto Caramel Sauce
How Can I Make a 3-Minute Paleo Brownie Mug Cake?
This is so simple and I do it all the time! Use raw honey or your preferred Paleo sweetener instead of erythitol/monk fruit.
How Can I Bake the 3-Minute Keto Brownie Mug Cake?
I suggest you try out my Coconut Flour Brownies. They are perfect for a larger batch of brownies and are easy to make. They are also nut-free just like this brownie recipe.