Keto Lobster Cakes
If you’re looking for keto lobster recipes, you’ll love these easy keto lobster cakes. They’re perfect for a weekend lunch or dinner party!
Made with just a few simple ingredients, these lobster cakes are low in carbs and packed with healthy protein.
So why not give them a try? Your taste buds will thank you!
I thought I was having chicken for supper tonight. The chicken turned into a pre-cooked lobster. But what do you do with a cold pre-cooked lobster?
I wasn’t feeling the whole dipping it into garlic butter. I had the thought to try a lobster cake.
I was a little intimidated. Okay, maybe more like very intimidated since it’s lobster, like a divine blessing from the sea and I didn’t want to screw it up.
Keto Lobster Recipes
At first, I thought I would wing it. Then I decided lobster is too precious to do that so I’ll just use my trusted Google and do a search.
I came upon this site, a tourism site for PEI. I modified the recipe immediately.
Bread crumbs will become coconut flour. I chose not to use mayo since I felt there would be too much liquid.
I changed the quantities of mustard and parsley. It turned out AMAZING!
Gluten Free Lobster Cakes
Ingredients you need to make these healthy lobster cakes.
How to Make Keto Lobster Cakes
1. Remove the edible lobster meat from the lobster and store it in a bowl.
2. Chop the onions.
3. In a bowl, whisk the egg, mustard, parsley, and salt.
4. Either using a food processor or by hand, mix the lobster meat, and onions with the whisked egg mixture.
5. Slowly add the coconut flour until you have reached the desired thickness. I used 1 ½ tbsp of coconut flour.
6. Form the mixture into 4 patties.
7. Dip the patties into the almond flour.
8. Using a frying pan, drizzle cooking fat, such as olive oil into the pan. Place the lobster cakes into the pan and cook on low to medium heat.
9. The cakes are finished when they are lightly brown and the egg is cooked through.
Can I use Crab Meat instead of Lobster Meat?
Yes, you can use crab meat instead of lobster meat to make these into gluten free crab cakes. You can also play around with using shrimp, salmon, or white fish.
What Sauces do you Recommend to go with Lobster Cakes?
You can use a variety of sauces to go with lobster cakes. You can use:
- tarter sauce
- rémoulade sauce
More Keto Seafood Recipes:
- Low Carb Coconut Battered Shrimp
- Dairy Free Shrimp Bisque
- Keto Sushi
- Keto Sardine Cakes
- Keto Lemon Salmon
- The meat of 1 pre-cooked lobster (about a 1 pound lobster)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of mustard
- 1 heaping tsp of dried parsley (more if you really like it)
- Dash of salt
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ tbsp of coconut flour
- Almond flour/meal for coating the cakes
- Remove the edible lobster meat from the lobster and store it in a bowl.
- Finely chop the onions.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg, mustard, parsley, and salt.
- Using a food processor, pulse together the lobster meat, and onions with the whisked egg mixture. Leave the mixture chunky.
- Slowly add the coconut flour until you have reached the desired thickness. I used 1 ½ tbsp of coconut flour.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Place almond flour in a bowl. Dip the patties into the almond flour.
- Using a frying pan, add some cooking fat, such as olive oil into the pan. Place the lobster cakes into the pan and cook on low to medium heat.
- The lobster cakes are finished when they are lightly brown and the egg is cooked through.
This recipe can be made with fish. I tried it with perch and it turned out beautifully.
Carol Lovett is the founder of Ditch the Wheat and a Globe and Mail bestselling author of the cookbook, Ditch the Wheat. She has been eating gluten free since 2010. She loves all things food, natural living, and spiritual. She’s also a reiki master and crystal healer.