This post contains affiliate links including Amazon affiliate links.
Welcome to Ditch the Wheat! Before you view the recipe I need to make sure you are aware of this. I hear it all the time... You're asking me to give up bread... Even my type 2 diabetic neighbour refuses to give up bread... There's so many reasons to ditch the bread: - gluten - GMO wheat - simple carbs (that cause weight gain) BUT it's so comforting to bite into a soft piece of bread smeared with butter. What if I told you there's bread you can eat that is Paleo and Keto friendly. --> CLICK HERE <--
I’m so thrilled to bring you this unique “how to” recipe. I found it when I stumbled onto Vanessa Romero’s blog, Healthy Living How To. I had no idea almonds were so versatile. The thought of turning almonds into cream cheese sounded complicated. I assure you, it is not complicated. It does however require patience. First you have to soak the almonds overnight. Then you blanch them and peel off the skin. Peeling off the almond skin was epic! I had almonds flying all over my countertop. You take the blanched almond and squeeze the skin then the almond goes flying. Next, I pureed the almonds with some other ingredients. Within minutes you will see cream cheese. P.S. stay tuned for the low carb, gluten free bread featured in the picture:)
· 1 cup of Raw Almonds
· 1/3 cup of Water
· ½ tsp of Sea Salt
· 1 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar
· 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
1. Take the cup of almonds and cover them in water. Let them soak overnight.
2. Rinse and drain the almonds.
3. Pour very hot water over the almonds. This will blanch the almonds. Let the almonds sit in the hot water for 5 minutes.
4. Remove the skins of the almonds by pinching the almonds between your fingers.
5. Use a Vitamix or food processor to puree the blanched almonds, water, salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon juice.
6. Blend until smooth.
7. Can be serve immediately.
You can add any flavours you want to the cream cheese. I added ½ tsp of garlic powder, ½ tsp of onion powder, 1 tsp of chives.
PSssTTTT ~ I also want you to know about the KETO Bread Cookbook. You can eat bread that is Paleo and Keto friendly. --> CLICK HERE <--