I stopped eating Renee’s Mighty Caesar Salad Dressing with my spinach salads a few months ago. I was left bewildered about what salad dressing to use that was dairy free. My brother’s girlfriend shared with me her tasty balsamic dressing. I don’t love balsamic dressing so it was a fill in until I could find something else. Then it happened. The perfect salad dressing found me, all the way in the Dominican.
The buffet at the resort had an assortment of salad dressings, vinegars and oils. I tried pure balsamic dressing… once again okay. I tried a vinegar & oil plus mixed herbs dressing….better but not loving it. Then I gave up and tried just olive oil. Literally, just olive oil. Seemed too plain to love but…. I loved it!
I have since refined the olive oil salad dressing recipe by adding the secret ingredients.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Pour the olive oil over your individual salad and then sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat.
Serving Size:1 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238
Need some more Simple Salad Dressing Ideas?
- Mix together balsamic vinegar and dijon mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil mixed with dijon mustard and some raw honey for a simple honey mustard salad dressing
- I have used warm dripping from a roasted chicken as an awesome salad dressing. It’s so yummy!