Keto Dorito Chip Recipe
Author: Carol Lovett
Prep time: 7 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes (total)
Yield: 30 chips
Low Carb Dorito Chip Ingredients
How to Make Low Carb Doritos
- ¾ cup almond meal or almond flour
- ¼ cup of flax seed
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter (can use salted but the chip will be more salty)
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp of chili pepper spice (use more if you like it extra spicy)
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of salt
- Heat oven to 350 F. degrees.
- Line a large flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor and combine it forms a dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls.
- Place one ball between two large sheets of parchment paper. On a flat surface use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Flatten the dough to the thickness of a thin cracker.
- Lift off the top of the parchment paper.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles.
Take off any dough leftover from cutting. Place it with the other ball.
- Gently lift the parchment paper with the cut dough, and invert it onto the baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Gently pull the parchment paper off leaving the dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7 ½-10 minutes. The chips are done when the dough is crispy and light brown.
- Repeat for the second ball of dough.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1003Total Fat: 86gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 60gCholesterol: 154mgSodium: 639mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 20gSugar: 8gProtein: 31g