Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcakes (Paleo & Dairy Free)
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcakes
Looking for a delicious and gluten free dessert? Look no further than these amazing gluten-free gingerbread cupcakes! They’re perfect for any foodie looking for a tasty treat.
Plus, they’re easy to make and everyone will love them! So grab your ingredients and get baking!
Gluten-free gingerbread cupcakes are perfect for the holidays! These light and fluffy cupcakes are made with coconut flour and molasses, and they’re topped with a dairy free whipped cream.
They’re perfect for people who are gluten-free, or who are looking for a yummy healthy holiday treat!
I love this time of year, don’t you?
There’s just something magical in the air as people are hustling around buying gifts for their loved ones, stringing up Christmas lights around their homes, trimming the Christmas tree, and children taking their pictures with Santa.
It’s also the best part of the year for all things peppermint, traditional holiday dishes, and my favorite – holiday baking. I love holiday desserts!
That’s why I was thrilled to get my friend Lisa McInerney’s new ebook, Mummy Made. It A Healthy Christmas – Over 60 Festive Desserts and Treats.
In her new book, she shows us how we can still enjoy holiday treats made with real food ingredients and not feel guilty afterward.
Lisa states, “It is my favorite cooking time of year! With all that Christmas food, countless parties, and leftovers, it can be easy to overindulge in just a bit too much Christmas cheer.
What if I told you there was a better way? A healthier way to eat your festive treats without feeling the post-party guilty or that you’ve lost your way?
That’s what this book is for.”
All of the recipes in this book are gluten-free and dairy-free, Paleo-friendly, and contain no refined sugars. These are healthier versions of the Christmas treats you have all grown up loving and thought you’d never be able to eat again!
In this Christmas dessert book, you’ll find recipes for:
- Cookies & Biscuits
- Breads & Muffins
- Fruit Mince
- Cakes & Cupcakes
- Creams & Frostings
Gluten Free Christmas Cupcakes
Nothing says Christmas like gingerbread, and what better way to eat your share than as a cupcake! These cupcakes bring all the flavor of classic gingerbread in a small treat. Yum!
Coconut Flour Gingerbread Cupcakes
Ingredients you will need to make these healthy gingerbread cupcakes.
- a few eggs
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- coconut flour
- cocoa powder
- some spices like ground ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves
- dash sea salt
- baking powder
- milk (of your choice)
- baking soda
- coconut cream
Healthy Christmas Cupcakes Directions
Preheat the oven. Line a cupcake/muffin tray with festive liners.
Using a mixing machine, whip egg whites until soft peaks form. Add the maple syrup and molasses.
Add the vanilla extract and egg yolks.
In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients (except the baking soda) together. With the whisk on low add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk only until combined.
In a small saucepan, warm the milk until almost boiling. Immediately add the baking soda and stir. Pour the hot milk into the mixing bowl.
Evenly pour the mixture amongst the cupcake liners. Bake until browned.
Leave it cool in the tray before removing the cupcakes. Top the cupcakes with whipped cream.
To make the whipped cream topping, spoon the thickened coconut cream out of the can, discarding the watery remains.
Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attachment fitted. Whisk until the cream thickens. Place the cream in the fridge to thicken.
More gluten free recipes to enjoy over the holidays
- Gluten Free Charcuterie Platter
- Christmas Tree Appetizer
- Baked Ham
- Almond Butter Fudge
- Almond Flour Thumbprint Cookies
- Grain Free Roasted Turkey & Apple Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Gluten Free Ginger Cupcakes
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcakes
Gluten free gingerbread cupcakes are perfect for the holidays! These light and fluffy cupcakes are made with coconut flour and molasses, and they're topped with a dairy free whipped cream.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- dash sea salt
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk (of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Gingerbread Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 can coconut cream (400 ml), can opened and left in the fridge overnight
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash cloves and cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a cupcake/muffin tray with 8-10 festive liners and lightly spray.
- Place the egg whites in the clean bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and whisk on medium/high until soft peaks form.
- Add the maple syrup and then molasses, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all incorporated and the egg white has increased in volume.
- While still whisking on med/high add the vanilla extract and egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients (excluding the baking soda) together.
- With the whisk on low add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk only until combined.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk until almost boiling. Immediately add the baking soda. Stir.
- Pour the hot milk into the mixing bowl (the whisk should be on low to prevent hot milk from splashing over you).
- Evenly pour the mixture amongst the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through (17 for minis, up to 20 for regular).
- Leave it cool in the tray for 15 minutes before removing it.
- While the cupcakes are cooling make the whipped cream topping.
- To make the whipped cream topping, spoon the thickened cream out of the can, discarding the watery remains.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attachment fitted.
- Whisk until the cream thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Place the cream in the fridge to thicken for at least 2 hours.
- Top with cupcakes with whipped cream.
More Cupcake Recipes to Try:
- Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes
- Coconut Flour Coffee Cake Muffins with Raspberry Jam Filling
- 1-Minute Flourless Chocolate Mug Cake
- Coconut Flour Muffins
- Coconut Flour Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
You can find the Mummy Made. It’s a Healthy Christmas – Over 60 Festive Desserts and Treats here.DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that I believe in.