To my surprise today is national Pancake Day. I didn’t even know they had a day devoted to pancakes. I expect a day to be devoted to chocolate, peanut butter, stuff like that but not pancakes. I joined Foodbuzz two months ago and I see bloggers post recipes for these “food theme” days but it’s too late by then for me participate. I finally kinda get to be part of it. A waffle is like the cousin to the pancake?
The unique feature of this recipe is that it is sweetened by nature. The banana was the only source of sweetness. Amazingly, this was a first for me! I was making up this recipe and I had Xylitol in front of me ready to be mixed in the bowl but then I held back. I thought maybe if I use more banana it will be fine. Next time, I feel I could cut back on the amount of baking powder. It’s a waffle, so it doesn’t need to puff up that much.
To me this Banana Waffle tastes like a light fluffy banana muffin. I love it! I want to make a muffin out of this waffle. Perhaps, that will be my weekend project. I did put what I was too full to eat in the fridge for later and I ended up eating them as a snack. They tasted so muffin like:D
Banana Waffles (Low Carb & Gluten Free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 mashed medium sized banana
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup of ground ground flaxseed
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- In a bowl whisk the eggs.
- Add the mashed banana, and coconut milk and mix.
- Add the flax seed and baking powder and mix.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- Pour the batter into the waffle maker.
- The waffle maker should tell you when it is done. If not it takes a few minutes to cook.