Blueberry Fat Bombs
Blueberry fat bombs are a delicious, keto-friendly way to increase your fat on a keto diet. These blueberry fat bombs consist of a chocolate coating filled with a dairy free blueberry cream.
This blueberry version is incredibly easy to make and perfect for a quick snack on the go.
Since starting the keto diet, I’ve been looking for new, inventive ways to add more dairy free healthy fats into my diet. Fat bombs are a great way to do that.
And let me tell you, blueberry fat bombs make me feel like I’m eating a tasty treat.
I first started making these dairy free fat bombs after I swapped homes for a weekend.
I was asked by family members to swap places for the weekend, so they could have a fun Toronto weekend getaway. I agreed.
Romantic notions of the movie, The Holiday, were running through my head.
I’m sitting here in an empty house and there is no Jude Law knocking on my door. In fact, I have Criminal Minds playing in the background and I’m cuddling with a cat.
That’s as romantic as it gets.
Before I left my home, I worked on another recipe using my current obsession ingredient: blueberries!
I made blueberry pancakes, blueberry crepes, blueberry chocolate, and now chocolate filled with blueberry flavored cream.
So yummy……I ate them all……..within two days.
Here is a little something to sweeten all of our love lives…
Keto Blueberry Fat Bombs
Here are the Ingredients you need to make these easy blueberry fat bombs.
- some extra virgin coconut oil
- unsweetened cocoa
- sweetener of your choice
- coconut cream
- lemon juice
How to Make Blueberry Keto Fat Bombs
Blend the blueberry cream together using a fork, hand blender, etc. Drop a little bit of the cream into each chocolate mold.
Pour the remainder of the chocolate over the chocolate-filled goodies. Freeze.
Devour when the chocolate is frozen. About 15 minutes.
Can I use Cream Cheese instead of Coconut Cream?
Yes, you can use cream cheese instead of coconut cream to make these blueberry keto bombs. I prefer eating dairy free so I used coconut cream.
What is Coconut Cream?
Coconut cream is the cream that rises to the top when you refrigerate a can of coconut milk. You need to use a full fat coconut milk to get this.
Don’t use the cartons of coconut milk. I suggest using the brands A-Roy D or Native Forest. To make my life easier, I always keep a can of coconut milk in the fridge for when I need coconut cream.
That way I don’t need to wait a few hours for the coconut cream to separate.
Can I use any Fruit instead of Blueberries?
Yes, you can use any fruit to make these dairy free keto fat bombs. Raspberries or strawberries would be great keto options. Make sure you still add some lemon juice to bring out the flavor of the fruit.
More Dairy Free Fat Bombs to try:
Keto Blueberry Coconut Fat Bombs
- ¼ cup of melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp of sweetener of your choice (erythritol, monk fruit, etc.)
- Blueberry Cream:
- 2 tbsp of blueberries (if frozen, let them thaw a little)
- 2 tbsp of coconut cream (refrigerate your coconut milk, and use the cream that rises to the top)
- 1 tbsp of sweetener of your choice (erythritol, monk fruit, etc.)
- Dash of lemon juice (optional but it adds a nice kick)
- Mix the chocolate ingredients together.
- Pour about two-thirds into a chocolate mold. *If you don’t have a chocolate mold use a Tupperware container.
- Blend the blueberry cream together using a fork, hand blender, etc.
- Drop a little bit of the cream into each chocolate mold.
- Pour the remainder of the chocolate over the chocolate-filled goodies.
- Devour when the chocolate is frozen. About 15 minutes.
Carol Lovett is the founder of Ditch the Wheat and a Globe and Mail bestselling author of the cookbook, Ditch the Wheat. She has been eating gluten free since 2010. She loves all things food, natural living, and spiritual. She’s also a reiki master and crystal healer.