This tasty muffin was created during my last baking spree. I shared pictures of the whole adventure on facebook. If you would like to be kept in the loop on all the baking/cooking experiments please”like” the fanpage. Vanilla with cinnamon feels so Fall like:) Fall is not my favourite season, summer is, but I’ll happily enjoy pumpkin, maple syrup flavours and cinnamon treats any day.
Since I’ve been experimenting a lot with coconut flour I have learned you need to make friends with eggs and use the properties of eggs to your advantage. Eggs naturally act as a riser in baked goods. Try making the same muffin with an egg replacer such as chia seeds and you’ll see the difference. I found besides adding baking powder (baking soda makes it taste too salty) “fluffing” my egg whites was the key to a great dome top. Please, don’t skip whipping those egg whites. Try doing this technique with any coconut flour recipe to get a fluffier texture.
Gluten Free Vanilla Cinnamon Muffins
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl combine egg whites and honey or maple syrup. Whip the egg whites until you form stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl combine egg yolks, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon and salt until mixed.
- Add the sifted coconut flour and baking powder to the egg yolk mixture.
- Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the egg yolk mixture to the whipped egg whites. I turned my mixer back on as I added the two together. Mix until well combined.
- Fill 3 cupcake liners to the top. *Silicone is preferred when working with coconut flour.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the tops are firm to the touch and a tooth pick can be inserted and come out dry.
Enjoy,DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.