Ohhhhh cauliflower puree how I adore thee! I’m a late bloomer to mashed cauliflower. I never liked mashed potatoes so I never wanted an alternative. I don’t even remember what provoked me to try mashed cauliflower but since I have, I’ve been a devoted mashed cauliflower follower!
I served this dish at the first paleo potluck I hosted. It received rave reviews which I found confusing. I was like, it’s just cauliflower and ghee and some salt….haven’t you had any before? I hear most people’s cauliflower ends up a watery mashed mess. Here’s what I do and it’s not complicated.
p.s. I enjoy adding dulse to dishes like this. I got this tip from following Terry Wahls (my hero!). She says to add dulse/seaweed to dishes like soups/stews etc for extra iodine.
- 1/4 head of cauliflower, chopped
- Sea salt
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter/ghee
- 1/8 tsp-1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place the cauliflower into a pot and add enough water to cover the cauliflower.
- Sprinkle some salt and dulse into the water.
- Boil for 15 minutes.
- Drain the water from the pot. *Very important to drain all the water.
- Add the butter or ghee to the pot.
- Sprinkle 1/8 tsp of salt into the pot.
- Use a
hand blender and puree the cauliflower and butter until smooth.
- Adjust salt as necessary.
Enjoy,DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.