This recipe for simple roasted chicken thighs is my go-to recipe each time for a quick delicious meal. It’s also extremely simple with only two ingredients used for the seasoning.
I also find it very important to brown the chicken first. I cover my chicken thighs as they are cooking to create a more moist end result and I also prefer a crispy skin. I love serving this dish with a side of pureed cauliflower. MmmmMMMmmmmm delicious!
ROASTED CHICKEN THIGHS
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle liberal amounts of salt all over the chicken thighs. Don’t be afraid to rub the salt all over it for even coating.
- Lightly sprinkle pepper over the thighs. I emphasize lightly because too much pepper can be overwhelming.
- Using a large sauce pan, place some ghee or preferred fat in the pan and turn to medium-high heat.
- When the grass fed ghee is sizzling place the chicken thighs in the pan.
- Let the chicken thighs brown on both sides. About 5 minutes on each side.
- Place the browned chicken thighs in a casserole dish with a lid.
- Cook for about 45 minutes (with the lid on during the whole time) or until the juices run clear. I use a meat thermometer to verify the chicken is done.
- Baste occasionally while roasting.
Enjoy,DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.