I make this recipe for Cilantro Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings all the time and then I say to myself, “this is soooooo good! Must eat more….”
This is an exclusive sneak peek recipe is from my new cookbook, Ditch the Wheat, and it’s become a weekly favorite for me. Plus it’s really easy to throw together. I know it will be one of your go-to weeknight recipes.
I love scorching-hot sauces on my chicken wings—the kind where you know it’s torture to take another bite, but you do it anyway because you love the taste.
For this recipe, I used my favorite hot sauce, Sriracha, and sweetened it a little with maple syrup. The cilantro will help cool down your mouth.
p.s. I still make this even if I don’t have cilantro on hand. It’s just soooo yummy!
You can also try out my other Paleo takeout inspired recipes like:
Cilantro Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings Recipe
Author: Carol Lovett
Yield: 28 wings
Cilantro Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings Ingredients
For the spice blend:
28 chicken wing pieces (14 drumettes, 14 wing tips)
1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1⁄4 cup Sriracha sauce, homemade (page 96) or store bought
1⁄4 cup maple syrup
1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
How to Make Cilantro Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, paprika, salt, cayenne, ginger powder, and black pepper.
- Place the chicken wing pieces in a large bowl. Pour the olive oil over the wings, then sprinkle them with the spice blend. Toss to evenly coat.
- Place the wings on the lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes, or until they are no longer pink inside and the juices run clear, flipping once.
- Whisk together the Sriracha sauce and maple syrup in a small bowl. Place the cooked wings in a separate bowl. Pour the sauce over the wings and toss to evenly coat.
- Sprinkle the wings with the cilantro and serve.
There’s so many dinner ideas in the cookbook! It’s a general Paleo cookbook so you’ll find a bit of everything like pizza, lasagna (no zucchini lasagna noodles! ick!!! Noodles are made with a dough), soup, baked goods, desserts, and a breakfast chapter. This is a picture of just some of the other dinner recipes.
Left to right: Hearty Beef Stew, Swedish Meatballs, Apple Butter Ribs, Mango Prosciutto Grain-Free Pizza (nut-free pizza crust), Chicken Fingers, Creamy Tomato Mushroom Chicken Pasta, Beef Tongue Tacos, Lasagna with Grain-Free Noodles, Lemon Rosemary Roast Chicken, Smoky Chipotle Aioli Burgers with Crunchy Mango Slaw, Spinach Raisin & Pine Nut-Stuffed Pork Loin, and Spicy Vietnamese Rainbow Trout.