Here’s another sneak peek recipe from my upcoming digital cookbook, The Grain-Free Snacker.
The cookbook contains a variety of sweet and savoury snacks. This is one of my favourite savoury appetizers. I love munching on this on a Friday night while watching a romantic comedy on Netflix.
This dip is amazing! I originally planned on pairing steamed artichokes with garlic aioli but as I was making the aioli, visions of bacon and spinach began dancing in my mind. These two ingredients really give this aioli a “wow” factor.
Bacon Spinach Dip
1 recipe Basic Aioli (see below)
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup finely chopped spinach
¼ cup chopped onion
2 pieces cooked bacon, chopped
1. In a mixing bowl, combine Basic Aioli with the garlic, spinach, onion and bacon. Adjust for taste. Store in the fridge.
1 fresh artichoke
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Trim the tips off the artichoke (optional).
2. Bring about a ½ inch of water to a boil in a pot deep enough to hold the artichoke standing up. Add the salt to the water.
3. Place the artichoke in the salted boiling water and cover the pot with a lid. Reduce the heat to maintain a steady simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
4. The artichoke is done when you can easily pull off a leaf. If this is too difficult, continue cooking, checking for doneness every five minutes. Depending on the size of your artichoke, this may take up to 40 minutes.
Makes about 1 ½ cups of dip
Basic Aioli Recipe
1 large egg yolk
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 cup light extra virgin olive oil
1. Using a blender or a powerful food processor, whip the egg yolk and mustard.
2. Turn the blender to the highest speed (I use the whipping cream speed) and SLOWLY add the olive oil one, drop at a time. Make sure it’s mixed in before slowly adding more. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
Makes about 1 cup of dip
DISCLOSURE: Not intended for the treatment or prevention of disease, nor as a substitute for medical treatment, nor as an alternative to medical advice. Use of recommendations is at the choice and risk of the reader. Ditch the Wheat is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. I only endorse products that believe in.
48 hours left to pre-order! Purchase The Grain-Free Snacker now for 75% off, while it’s still available for pre-order. This guarantees you the lowest price. Update pre-order period is over. You can purchase here.