Help! My Low Carb Tortillas Don’t Wrap Like Regular Tortillas
Since we’re using low carb flours to create these tortillas they are not as bendable as regular tortillas. Please remember they are crepe like since we used a batter to make them.
Can I Freeze My Low Carb Tortillas?
Yes! If you want to make a big batch of them you could separate each tortilla by putting wax paper or parchment paper between them and then stack them and place them in a ziplock bag and place in the freezer.
Low Carb Tortillas
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp almond flour
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl whisk together water, eggs, and olive oil.
- In a separate bowl mix together coconut flour, almond flour, flax seed and baking powder.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Whisking as you pour so clumps don’t form.
- In a medium to large frying pan heat several tablespoons of olive oil over medium high heat. When the oil is hot pour 1/4 cup of batter in the pan, tilting the pan so the batter spreads thinly.
- Cook the batter for about 2 minutes or until it is slightly “toasted” looking. Flip the tortilla and fry for 2 more minutes.
Pin for later