This hearty fall harvest salad celebrates all the best that the season has to offer. It’s got cranberries, shredded carrots, clementines, pecans, and bacon, covered in a sweet maple balsamic dressing.
This salad is perfect for a fall lunch or dinner.
I created this fall harvest salad way back in 2016. It seemed perfect to share this fall salad now. I love the mix of cranberries, clementines, pecans, and bacon.
I hope you love this hearty salad with a balsamic dressing as much as I do!
This salad is the perfect fall salad. It is a sweet salad that is hearty.
When I want to cut down on the sugar in the salad dressing I mix olive oil with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle it with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Harvest Salad Ingredients
- mixed salad greens
- some bacon
- a few unsweetened dried cranberries
- pecan pieces
- shredded carrot
- Maple Balsamic Dressing (Recipe is on a separate post)
How to Make a Harvest Salad
Place salad ingredients in a large bowl, and ½ cup of the salad dressing and toss. If you feel you need more dressing, add up to ¼ cup more, adding it in 1-tablespoon increments.
Serve immediately or keep salad covered in the refrigerator and add dressing when ready to serve.
What is in a harvest salad?
A harvest salad can have a lot of yummy ingredients in it. Many salads have a combination of the following ingredients. You can add any of these ingredients to this salad.
- hearty nuts like pecans, walnuts, etc.
- roasted squash like butternut squash
- raw carrots or roasted carrots
- roasted sweet potatoes
- sliced apples
- sliced pears
More recipes to try
- Buttery Herb Coconut Flour Biscuits
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Creamy Mango Salad Dressing
- 5-Minute Maple BBQ Sauce
If you loved this recipe, I would be really grateful if you can rate the recipe card and share any photos you took on Instagram using #ditchthewheat and tag me in your post or story.
Harvest Salad Recipe
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 2 clementines, segmented
- ½ cup unsweetened dried cranberries
- ½ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup shredded carrot
- Up to ¾ cup Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Place salad ingredients in a large bowl, and ½ cup of the salad dressing and toss. If you feel you need more dressing, add up to ¼ cup more, adding it in 1-tablespoon increments.
- Serve immediately or keep salad covered in the refrigerator and add dressing when ready to serve.
To segment clementines, use a paring knife to slice off the top and bottom of each clementine. Cut off all the skin including the exposed membrane of the segments. Use the knife to remove each individual segment, leaving the membrane behind.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g