I adapted another recipe from that BBQ sauce I really liked. You can see the original recipe here and my adapted version below. I flavoured this recipe with peaches and I only had 3 peaches on hand at the time so the next time I make it I going to try to double the peaches for more impact. I never knew making my own BBQ sauce was so easy. I really feel empowered to make anything from scratch.
PEACH BBQ SAUCE RECIPE
- 3 peaches, skinned and diced
- 1 can of tomato paste
- ¼ cup of coconut amino acids (I was out of that so I used gluten free soy sauce but coconut amino acids would taste better)
- 3 tbsp dried mustard
- 3 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor like this one, and blend together until smooth.
Makes more sauce than you need for the wings recipe. I have kept the sauce in my fridge for a month with no problems.
PEACH BBQ WINGS RECIPE
- 8 chicken wings (4 drumstick parts, 4 wing parts)
- 1 cup or more of Peach BBQ Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Salt & pepper the wings. Pour enough BBQ sauce on the wings to coat them. Bake in a glass baking dish. Note to the wise, use parchment paper on the bottom of the dish to avoid hours of washing.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the juice run clear. Turning at least once. You can add more sauce.