This recipe not only satisfies my sweet tooth, but treats like this have allowed me to adhere to my grain-free lifestyle for almost 3 years! I am happy to say that I will never go back to eat processed foods or purchase a boxed brownie mix again! Giving up grains has changed my life, and my passion is to recreate recipes so that I don’t feel deprived, and to help others along their journey. I believe that food should not only taste good but it should tell a story, and I love recreating family recipes that bring back wonderful childhood memories. I hope these brownies are familiar and that you don’t even recognize that they are grain-free and low-carb.
Not only is this brownie recipe easy, delicious, and grain-free, it is also low in carbs. I choose to use a pure, organic stevia to achieve the sweetness with just a bit of raw honey but feel free to use your preferred sweetener of choice.
Can’t have dairy?? Make these Paleo or dairy-free by simply using coconut oil in the place of the butter. This will contribute a slight coconuty flavor which I LOVE!
Can’t have nuts?? Substituting raw and unsalted ground sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds for the almond flour. The ground seeds measure cup for cup when substituting for almond flour in a recipe. Really, you won’t know the difference.
I hope you and your family (grain-free or not), enjoy this easy and delicious recipe!
BEST PALEO CHOCOLATE BROWNIES EVER!
- 2 cups blanched blanched almond flour (I use Honeyville)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa (or raw cacao powder)
- 2 teaspoons grain-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/4 teaspoon
stevia or sweetener of choice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey or organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3 large pastured eggs
- 2 teaspoons
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk or heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, at room temperature (or extra coconut milk or cream)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- **Plus and extra 2 tablespoons chopped nuts & 2 tablespoons chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease 8X8 inch pan with butter or coconut oil and line bottom with parchment paper (this is optional but I don’t want to worry about the recipe sticking).
- In medium bowl, add the dry ingredients and blend well with whisk.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with wooden spoon. Taste for sweetness and adjust if needed. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan (it will be thick).
- Sprinkle extra chocolate chips and nut over batter.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on how moist you like your brownies.
- Do NOT over bake!
- Serve warm or at room temperature with Vanilla Bean Gelato. Yum!
Melissa blog’s over at www.satisfyingeats.com. She quit grains almost 3 years ago after gaining 60 lbs. during her first pregnancy. Well 3 years later (and another son later), she is still creating grain-free and low-carb recipes to help people feel less deprived with this lifestyle change. Not only has Melissa stuck with it but she feels she eats better (more tasty food and satisfying) than she did before giving up grains!