I love peanut butter and chocolate. However, peanuts are legumes and the paleo diet encourages you to avoid legumes, so that leaves us with almond butter as an alternative. I prefer almond butter made from roasted almonds with a touch of sea salt. Use your favourite almond butter to make these delicious balls. This is one of those snacks that will have you coming back for seconds… and thirds…
This amazing recipe is from The Grain-Free Snacker.
“Peanut Butter” Balls
Yield: 30 balls
- 3⁄4 cup almond flour
- 1⁄4 cup almond butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the almond flour, almond butter, and maple syrup. Form into a dough.
- Using your hands, pick up a small portion of the dough and mold it into a circle, about 1-inch wide. Place the ball on the baking sheet. Repeat until there is no dough left.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a small saucepan. Turn the heat to low and whisk constantly to avoid burning the chocolate. Remove from the heat once all the chocolate is melted.
- Dip the balls into the chocolate coating and set them back on the baking tray. Once all the balls are coated, place the baking tray in the freezer.
- Eat once the coating is firm. Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.
Grab this delicious recipe from my ebook, The Grain-Free Snacker.
Pin the image to Pinterest