When I lived in my apartment in Toronto, I used to make mini Paleo stuffed peppers with jalapeño peppers and the meat mixture below. The Paleo stuffed peppers were so hot it was hard to finish a plateful. I would make extra and eat them for a quick breakfast. This time around I saw some larger hot peppers at the grocery store that were hot but not to the same degree as jalapeño peppers. I felt it made a fun dinner. I didn’t even need a fork and a knife. I chomped down on the paleo stuffed peppers like a slice of pizza.
PALEO STUFFED HOT PEPPERS
- 3 long hot peppers
- ½ onion, diced
- ¼ red pepper, diced
- ¼ green pepper, diced
- 1 pound ground pork (about 1 cup)
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- Salt & pepper
- + Any extra seasoning (i.e. crushed red pepper for more heat, it depends on how your tomato sauce is seasoned too)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sauté the onion, red pepper and green pepper on medium heat. Take out of the pan.
- Add the pork to the pan and tomato sauce. Cook until the pork is cooked. Add the sautéed veggies back into the pan and season with salt and pepper plus any additional seasoning.
- Cut open the hot peppers and take out the seeds. Stuff with the peppers with the pork mixture.
- Bake on a baking for 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately
- Makes 6 stuffed peppers