I want to apologize for the lack of blog posts in March and April. I’ve been so busy writing reports and other important things. My life has been a circus. My apartment that I was trying to rent out got a nasty infestation of cockroaches. Someone viewing the place might have accidentally brought them in. It was nasty. Those little bugs multiply and they multiply FAST! I thought the building management was going to spray the place while I was in Texas but they couldn’t because they informed me too late that I had to completely empty my kitchen and bathroom. I came home from my trip and I promptly did as they commanded.
I left for the beach house while they sprayed. Called them to checkup on it and they had the wrong apartment number. The consultant whom I was sharing my office with chuckled as the phone call went on and on with me begging them to hurry up the process. I came back to the city in the evening to the surprise that my apartment did end up getting sprayed. Then I ended up sick because I slept in the apartment maybe too soon after it was sprayed. Note to anyone going through this scenario, don’t eat or drink anything that is exposed to the chemicals! For a couple of days I drank my usual cup of green tea and ended up sick and with a lot of stomach pains. I threw it all out once I realized it was tainted by the spray.
I’ve been living out of boxes since I didn’t see the point of putting my kitchen back together. The good news is my apartment has been rented out! I finish moving out this weekend when the moving truck arrives. I’m excited and sad at the same time. I’m really going to miss Toronto. Within a week of moving I’m going to the Dominican for some much needed R&R as long as Air Canada does not decide to go on their 4th wildcat strike. While I’m relaxing by the beach drooling over the cabana boys I have setup an amazing lineup of guest posts to spoil YOU that I am very excited over!
Before all of this craziness happened I made this recipe with two of my loves: seafood and coconut milk.
Baby Clams in a Spicy Coconut Sauce Recipe:
· 1 finely chopped garlic clove
· ¼-1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
· ¼ cup of finely diced onions
· ¼ cup of finely diced red pepper (optional)
· 2 tbsp of tomato sauce
· 1 can of full fat Aroy-D Coconut Milk
1. In a medium size pot put the garlic, cayenne pepper, onions, and red pepper and some cooking oil such as olive oil. Sauté all of these until the onions and red pepper is soft.
2. Add the tomato sauce, coconut milk, and clams. Simmer on high to medium, stirring occasionally, until the sauce is heated through and has reached the desired thickness.
3. Gobble up before it gets cold 😀
Serves 1-2 people