Serve with salsa, taco dip etc.Store the chips in a bag or container without the lid or bag closed. It helps the chips stay crisp longer.
Low Carb Chili Doritos
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup of flax seed
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter (can use salted but the chip will be more salty)
- 1 large egg
- 1½ tsp of chili pepper spice (use more if you like it extra spicy)
- 1 tsp of onion powder
- ½ tsp of cumin
- ½ tsp of paprika
- ½ tsp of salt
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a large flat baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all of the ingredients in a food processor.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls.
- Place one ball between two large sheets of parchment paper. On a flat surface use a rolling pin to flatten the dough. Flatten the dough to the thickness of a thin cracker.
- Lift off the top of the parchment paper.
- Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into triangles.
- Take off any dough leftover from cutting. Place it with the other ball.
- Gently lift the parchment paper with the cut dough, and invert it onto the baking sheet with the parchment paper.
- Gently pull the parchment paper off leaving the dough on the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 7 ½-10 minutes. The chips are done when the dough is crispy and light brown.
- Repeat for the second ball of dough.
This recipe was featured on BuzzFeed’s 25 Baked Alternatives To Potato Chips And French Fries, July 17th, 2012.
If you liked this recipe you should check out my dessert book, Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts.