Summer is here!!!! That means burgers, burgers, and more burgers! I don’t eat my burger with a bun anymore but if you do check out my recipe for hamburger buns. Instead I get creative with my burger toppings.
And now my version of Mexican ……
My avocado salsa burger topping is inspired by guacamole. I’m crazy for avocado. Every time I eat some I call it happy hour! After doing more research on avocados I learned that the tryptophan in avocados turns into serotonin in our brains. You can read more about the food mood connection in Maria Emmerich’s book (GREAT BOOK!).
- ½ of an avocado (chopped)
- ⅛ cup of diced tomatoes/grape tomatoes
- ⅛ cup of onions
- Sprinkle of chopped garlic
- Sprinkle of salt
- Dash of lime juice
- In a bowl mix the ingredients together.
- Place on top of a cooked hamburger.
What is your favourite burger toppings???