Paleo Shepherd's Pie
If you're looking for a comfort dish, especially when it's cold outside, then check out my Paleo Shepherd's Pie that is gluten, grain, dairy and egg free.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 35 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled & diced
- 1 pound ground beef, raw
- 1 cup carrot, finely chopped (about 1 carrot)
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely diced
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp barbecue sauce replaces Worcestershire sauce
- sea salt
- ground pepper
On medium heat, in a frying pan, sauté carrots, onions and celery. Cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the ground beef, garlic and sprinkle generous amounts of salt and pepper.
Cook until the beef is cooked.
Add the broth and barbecue sauce. Cook on low for 10 minutes.
Place everything in a 6 x8 oven proof dish.