I started my journey on the Atkins diet. Currently, I consider myself a person who strives to eat real food that benefits my body. My food choices tend to center around what helps keep my Meniere’s disease (vertigo) in check. I have found that a diet low in salt, no dairy (I eat dairy sparingly), gluten free, and low carb has helped keep vertigo to a minimum. Since I eat this way I still consider myself Atkins but also paleo/primal/ancestral like.
You are here on your own lifestyle journey. You may be trying to lose weight, feel healthier, dealing with a gluten sensitivity, and/or coping with a disease like Crohn’s disease. With the changes you are making in your life or may have already made questions will come up. Here are some links to help educate you or assist you in explaining to others why you have chosen certain food choices.
Click on the links and it will take you to the articles.
- Not a fan of regular cheating – Maria Emmerich explains in this article
Grain Free (the absence of ALL grains not just gluten)
- Mark’s Daily Apple – Top 8 Most Common Reactions to Your Grain Free Diet (and How to Respond)
- Wellness Mama – Are Sprouted, Soaked and Fermented Grains Healthy?
Limiting/Avoiding Lectins (Beans…)
- Mark’s Daily Apple – The Lowdown on Lectins
- Wellness Mama – Spill the Beans: Are They Healthy or Not?
Why Why Why – Articles on questions & answers
- Mark’s Daily Apple – Top 7 Most Common Reactions to Your High Fat Diet (and How to Respond)