*This recipe was originally a guest post on Kristina’s blog, Whipped. She asked me to guest post while she was away in New York City. So head on over and check out the original article with my original (bad) photos. You can find the article here.
Are you craving pecan pie like me? Here’s a way to whip up pecan pie in like 5 minutes! Try the pecan pie lara bars when that craving hits plus it’s only a few ingredients.
Medjool dates are nature’s caramel. Then mixing the medjool dates with pecans and vanilla and you really do have a pecan pie flavour that is out of this world.
Let’s get to the good part.
- 1/2 cup of Seedless/Pitted whole medjool dates
- (about 7 dates)
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- De-pit your dates. Take a date and gently tear it apart and pull out the seed.
- Add all of the ingredients into the food processor (like this one).
- Process until desired smoothness.
- I added half of the pecans, all of the dates, and the vanilla, processed and then added the remaining pecans to get a nice texture.
- Take the mixture and mold into 5 bars.
- Store in your refrigerator or freezer
- And finally, the best part, EAT!