PALEO ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES WITH COCONUT AND RAISINS
- 1 cup creamy, salted almond butter
- 1/2 cup organic whole cane sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 1/8 cup finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, sugar, salt, baking soda, egg and vanilla extract. Mix well. Add raisins and shredded coconut.
- Form balls out of the cookie mixture about the size of a quarter. Arrange on a baking sheet with at least 3 inches between each cookie ball.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
Tracey’s Notes ~ I did test a batch with 1/2 cup of organic brown sugar and the cookies turned out to be a bit thicker and chewy, while the whole cane sugar makes a larger, crisper cookie.
Egg-Free option ~ I’ve also tested it with Ener-G egg replacer (my husband is allergic to eggs) and they’re great too.
With the raisin and coconut, it was almost like a breakfast cookie. Not too sweet and filling.
Tracey Black is the founder and editor-in-chief for Don’t Mess with Mama, where she writes about living gluten free, cooking real (unprocessed) food, green living, natural parenting and eco travel.