MINI PUMPKIN PIES
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not canned pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or more
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp ground
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a food processor or mixing machine mix all the pumpkin pie ingredients.
- Place the ingredients in a 2 large ramekin or 2 glass jars (as shown in the pictures).
- Place the jars in a larger baking dish and fill with a few inches of water (to create a water bath).
- Bake for 15 minutes and then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F. for 35 minutes.
- The mini pumpkin pies are ready when the top begins to crack and the custard is set (doesn’t look raw).
- Allow the pies to cool.
COCONUT CREAM TOPPING
- 1/4 cup coconut cream, the cream that rises to the top when you place a can ofcoconut milk in the fridge for a few hours. *Look for a brand that only contains full fat coconut milk and no other added ingredients.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp raw honey or more
- Cinnamon ~ for sprinkling
- In a small bowl whisk together all the ingredients and either spoon onto the cooled mini pies or place in a pipping bag and decorate the top of the pies with the cream.
- For a nice presentation, sprinkle a little cinnamon on top of the coconut cream.