I’ve been going through my old posts and reformatting pictures and fixing posts because they didn’t transfer very well when I moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress. I stumbled on this recipe that I never posted. Mini Paleo Pizza is a fun treat. First you have a gluten free pizza dough, then you make it mini and top it with your favourite ingredients and voila, Mini Paleo Pizza! Psst I’ve been working on a coconut flour pizza dough for the coconut flour lovers like me and it doesn’t taste “eggy”.
The pizza even passes the hand test! Look how sturdy and crispy it is.
I just love this mini paleo pizza. The dough whips together in minutes. It perfect for snacks, late night meals. Sharing with guests.
- 1 cup of almond flour or almond meal
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp of preferred fat, ie extra virgin olive oil/extra virgin coconut oil etc
- dash of salt & pepper
- +any other seasoning you like in your pizza crust
- about 1/4 -1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- pizza toppings
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients together.
- Make 3-4 small balls of dough.
- Lay a large sheet of parchment paper on your working surface. Large enough to cover the pan you are baking the pizza in. Place the balls of dough on the parchment paper with enough room between them. Place wax paper or parchment paper on top of the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to desired thickness. Don't go too thin or it won't be sturdy.
- Move the parchment paper with the dough on it to your pizza tray.
- Remove the top piece and of wax paper or parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is crispy.
- Take out of the oven and place your tomato sauce and toppings on the cooked dough. *If you are using a lot of toppings it is best to precook them.
- Bake again for 10-15 minutes.
You get posts emailed to you, a newsletter and deals on products.