Ever since I went to Muskoka with the Paleo Toronto group for a weekend getaway in August I have been craving these maple beef sausages our hostess, Shannon, gave us for our huge dinner one night. The sausages were made by a local butcher out of grass fed beef. I made my version with pork and used sage to add an earthiness, reminescent of the beautiful Muskoka land.
I’m really terrible for not sharing pictures from events like this. Sorry for the lateness, but here’s some pictures from my time in Muskoka.
Isn’t Muskoka beautiful!!! The lake water was warm and it was sunny. I didn’t get a sunburn like usual. It was great to make new friends and enjoy a glass of wine in our “muskoka” lounge chairs!
I met Laurie on the Low Carb Cruise in May. I met Gail & Shannon at the Muskoka Paleo event. It was sooo much fun and if you have paleo events in your area I urge you to go and meet new people who share the same interests are you.
MAPLE SAGE BREAKFAST SAUSAGES
- 0.5 kg ground pork (1.1 pounds)
- 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- Saute the onions until translucent.
- In a bowl mix together all of the ingredients including the cooked onions.
- Form into 12 sausages (round patties or rectangler as shown in picture)
- Cook the sausages over medium-low heat turning to provide even cooking.
- The sausage is done with it is no longer pink inside and the juices are clear.