I was having one of those days where I was so clueless about how to flavour my chicken then BAM it came to me, Orange Chicken. Then the question of how do I make orange chicken low carb? Well, I figured I would approach it in the simplest manner. Use a real orange to flavour the chicken and just focus on the flavour, not making an orange sauce. I decided the easiest way to infuse the most orange flavour in my chicken with the least carbs would be to marinate it. Keeping the simple approach in mind, I took a medium orange, cut it open and squeezed the juices out of it. I placed the juice, orange peel, and chicken in a Ziploc bag and I left it in the fridge for hours.
When supper time rolled around I grabbed my marinated chicken and grilled it on the bbq. I did consider putting additional spices on the chicken to enhance the orange flavour but I decided to forgo it. The result; was chicken that has a nice light orange flavour. To add more flavour I squeezed fresh orange juice over the chicken before eating it. Such a wonderful, simple dinner, which I served with All Dressed Flavoured Kale Chips (recipe to follow next post).
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 medium orange
- Cut the orange in half.
- Squeeze as much juice out of 1 half of the orange.
- Put the orange juice, orange peel (optional), and chicken in container to marinade.
- Leave the ingredients to marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- After the chicken is finished marinating barbeque until the meat is no longer pink inside.
- Optional ~ Using the other half of the orange, drizzle fresh squeezed orange juice over the chicken.
What marinades do you like?PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.