I love weekends! I get to sleep in, make a big breakfast, and do something in the afternoon. I usually go for a walk down to the beach. The weather has been so good. Since I live in Canada you might have images of polar bears and igloos playing in your mind but that would be quite the opposite. The grass is green, the sun is shining and so far we had two days with snow. I’m proud to say I dashed out to Canadian Tire and got my fishing license. I was feeling very primal at the moment. I figured why not! The weather is so good I might as well start fishing.
To go fishing I also needed a fishing rod. I was all brave and entered the men’s wilderness section. You can tell you have entered it once everything is in camouflage and you hear lots of grunting. The smell of farting is distinct too. Honestly the range of products was very confusing. Well, the “adult” fishing rods looked too complicated but in my moment of despair I saw the shelf with the most amazing fishing rods. They came with tackle boxes, instruction on how to fish, cool colours and gadgets. I was in the kids section. Within the kids section I found the supreme fishing rod of all fishing rods. Instead of casting the line using the traditional way you push a button and abracadabra the fishing line comes flying out!
Tomorrow I’ll be walking down to the beach to test my new fishing rod. I’ll figure out what you’re supposed to do with the fish after I catch it. Hopefully my primal instincts will kick in then. Wish me luck.
· 1/4 cup ground golden flax seed mill
· 1 tablespoon of Splenda
· 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1 tablespoon melted unsalted butter
· 1 large egg
· ¼ cup of natural smooth peanut butter
· 1/8 cup of thinly sliced banana (1 pancake = 3 slices each)
Makes 5 small pancakes
1. In a bowl mix the dry ingredients.
2. Mix the wet ingredients in a bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix.
4. Using medium heat, warm a flat frying pan with some form of oil/fat (I used olive oil but you can use butter, coconut oil etc).
5. Use 3 slices of banana for each pancake. Place 3 slices in a grouping on the frying pan and spoon the mixture over them. Do this for each pancake.
6. When the underneath of the pancake is golden brown, use a spatula to flip the pancake.
7. The pancake is cooked when both sides are golden brown.
Serve the pancakes with any syrup you like. I used warmed natural peanut butter.