Last year I had a wonderful assistant and in January she had to leave her position due to her health. I really miss her help meeting the needs of the Ditch The Wheat community. Ever since then I’ve been struggling to handle it all.
I am seeking a virtual assistant to join my team. You will be responsible for assisting in creating round-up posts like this one, data entry on WordPress, updating social media channels like Pinterest, uploading content to sites like Chowstalker. You are a foodie, health nut and knowledgeable about the paleo diet & lifestyle. You should enjoy digging into the creative process and brainstorming ideas.
The ideal candidate is an individual with a passion for all things social media and someone who is “in the know” on food trends. I am looking for someone that is hungry for a challenge and is ready to hit the ground running. This position reports directly to me.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Update website with content and images (this will be your main duty)
- Help manage presence on social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Google +, etc.
- Write, edit and/or proofread copy for the following mediums (including but not limited to): blog, e-newsletters, etc.
- Provide administrative duties where acquired
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Strong analytic skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word or Pages, Wordpess
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multitask and keep up in a deadline-driven environment
- Passionate about social media
- Problem solving and time management skills a Must
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast paced environment
- GREAT ATTITUDE!
About the Company
Ditch The Wheat is a blog that serves over 127,000 fans worldwide. For the past 2 years I have provided paleo inspired recipes and lifestyle tips.
This position pays $12 US per hour and will require you to work 5-10 hours a week.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter explaining why you would be great for this job with your resume including your references to ditchthewheat @ gmail.com with “Applying to Virtual Assistant Job” in the email subject line. Applications will be accepted until Monday April 14th, 2014 at midnight eastern time.