I saw this post on Living Low Carb…One Day at a Time and it inspired me to make some breakfast sausages. I munched on these all day long.
The first time I made these I had some tomato juice and added about 1/4 cup of it to the sausage mixture. BAM!!! It was so good. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any when I made these. I really recommend adding some if you plan on trying these breakfast sausages.
Don’t limit breakfast sausages to only breakfast. Try them as a snack, lunch, dinner etc. They make great sliders that you could top with sauteed onions.
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ pound of ground pork
- *1/4 cup of tomato juice ~ I didn’t add it to this batch of breakfast sausages since I was out of it but I recommend it for an additional kick.
- Saute the onions in a frying pan.
- Add the sauteed onions, garlic, cumin, salt, cayenne, allspice, (& tomato juice) to the ground pork.
- Form into 10 small patties
- Cook in a frying pan until the meat is no longer pink. Flipping at least once.
You get posts emailed to you, a newsletter and deals on products.