I saw this post on Living Low Carb…One Day at a Time and it inspired me to make some breakfast sausages. I munched on these all day long.
The first time I made these I had some tomato juice and added about 1/4 cup of it to the sausage mixture. BAM!!! It was so good. Unfortunately, I didn’t have any when I made these. I really recommend adding some if you plan on trying these breakfast sausages.
Don’t limit breakfast sausages to only breakfast. Try them as a snack, lunch, dinner etc. They make great sliders that you could top with sauteed onions.
- ¼ cup of chopped onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp of cayenne
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ½ pound of ground pork
- *1/4 cup of tomato juice ~ I didn’t add it to this batch of breakfast sausages since I was out of it but I recommend it for an additional kick.
- Saute the onions in a frying pan.
- Add the sauteed onions, garlic, cumin, salt, cayenne, allspice, (& tomato juice) to the ground pork.
- Form into 10 small patties
- Cook in a frying pan until the meat is no longer pink. Flipping at least once.
Campbell's Tomato Juice from Concentrate is the perfect blend of taste and nutrition. Campbell's only uses tomatoes that are vine ripened to perfection to ensure that you get the full rich tomato flavor you've come to expect from Campbell's Tomato Juice f