I discovered something that is life changing… I started baking my salmon! BBS (before baked salmon) era I was frying my salmon in a stainless steel frying pan and I had to deal with the fish sticking to the pan, oil splatter, a mess to clean up…it was a pain. Then one day it happened. I heard the voice, I had a revelation, bake the salmon, Carol, just bake the salmon….hardly any dishes to wash…bake the salmon!
If something creates less dishes to wash I’m all for it! I’ve been baking my salmon in this little casserole dish I found at a thrift store for like a dollar (or you could say, a loonie). I picked it up because I thought it would make a cute blog prop but instead I use it weekly to bake chicken, roast vegetables and now bake salmon.
BAKED LEMON DILL SALMON
- 1 piece of salmon
- A bunch of finely chopped fresh dill
- A few slices of lemon
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper all over the salmon.
- Sprinkle dill on both sides. Place the salmon in a casserole dish. Lay slices of lemon on top of the salmon.
- Place the butter throughout the dish.
- Bake for 35 minutes