I’m not sure where I saw this recipe idea but I thought it was brilliant!!! Here is a dessert that you can assemble in minutes, make into a variety of flavour combinations, serve around campfires, get your kids to eat…the list goes on and on. The Baked Banana Split might not look like the most elegant dessert but it is ooey gooey good!!!
Baked Banana Split
- 1 Banana
- Topping(s) of your choice. I used peanut butter and unsweetened coconut flakes.
- Get a banana! Hint this is the most important step 😛
- Slice the banana down the middle.
- Open the sliced banana and fill it with goodies. I used unsweetened coconut flakes and some peanut butter (not paleo). You could use any nut butter, sliced almonds, sugar free chocolate chips, some chopped fruit, even a cherry:D
- Wrap the banana in tin foil. I double wrapped it. Heat the dessert on the barbecue on medium heat for about 10-15 minutes. I baked it while I was barbecuing shrimp skewers for supper.